Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Some of the longer term potential economic fall out from the shutdown If the New Green Deal's alternative energy push wa...

Some of the longer term potential economic fall out from the shutdown If the New Green Deal's alternative energy push was not already in trouble the oil price plummet has taken the wind out of its sails. Similar thing happened in the '80's when the price of oil took a nose dive. If you are an investor I would look for an opportunity to take profits or minimize my loss. Between the stored oil glut and how long it will take to get the world's economic engines back to consumi...ng large amounts of it I suspect the price doesn't see $50 for WTI for a long while. Cruise lines are an area I always avoided buying stock in largely because something like the Legionnaire's disease outbreak seemed likely to repeat itself at some point. I suspect that there will be a lot more like me as far as stock investment and a drop off in those actually taking a cruise. NYC and the concept of high density population lifestyles i.e. sky scrapers and mega apartments/condominium may take a hit. I know I would not want to own real estate in NYC right now. Their mass transit system seems the perfect breeding ground for a virus outbreak. At least in SF the BART is above ground and gets sunlight doused where as the subway in NYC is a dark, moist tunnel for most of its run. All the high percent of death per million state residents is in crowded metro areas. There is much to love about where I live with five acres, a large orchard, garden and green space between myself and neighbors. Maybe it is time for corporate America to look to less populated areas where their employees can experience living like something other than in a rat colony.


from Some of the longer term potential economic fall out from the shutdown If the New Green Deal's alternative energy push wa...